I was singing this song (by Alicia Keys) at the last karaoke session I went to with my friends. The song has this line - "You could buy me diamonds, you could buy me pearls, take me on a cruise around the world, baby, you know I'm worth it." The girl surely has no issue with her self-worth. I like the attitude. It also got me thinking on how wide the spectrum is on this issue.
I have a lot of girlfriends, and they make my life perpetually interesting because they are all so different and special. A girlfriend of mine will have no qualms singing the song, not because she sounds like Alicia Keys =P, but rather, she has the confidence worth thousands of diamonds and pearls. If a man wants to have her, he has to be ready to be at her beck and call, and put her on a pedestal. On the other end of the spectrum, I know another girl who could be crushed just because a sub-standard specimen of man lost interest in her.
You may start thinking now, which one are you more inclined to be? I've learned though, one may not end up happier than the other. It really depends on what kind of men they happen to find. If the men they find happen to be the kind that can satisfy their needs, be it full attention and priority or constant reassurance and extra sensitivity, I guess both can be as happy.
As for me, I guess I'm sufficiently confident that I'm worthy of people's love, being surrounded by the love from the people around me all the time. Am I lovable or what? Kekeke....
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment