Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Come to Mama

I was facilitating a particular weekend programme for singles. And my biggest discovery was the fact that apparently I still do ooze some maternal aura. I was definitely not older than most of the participants. But when the time comes for them to "consult" any of the facilitators, I had a queue!
Well, I have been blessed with this gift, people just feel comfortable with me. Even the quiet and reserved are drawn to me. I do enjoy it when I feel I can provide comfort to others. And I find each and every story fascinating. I wonder though whether it would be the best reputation to have in the long run... hahaha.

I made another discovery from observing the interaction between boys and girls around me, my friends, my peers at work, my singing group mates. There was one very strong common point. The "Blur" girls sell like hotcakes. And I'm not talking about academically inferior. I mean blur - girls who miss the points or who are always at a loss in discussions, the endearing, adorable girls who need someone to lead them or protect them. I have to admit though that they are really lovable.

This brings me back to my musings on whether being known as "competent" or "motherly and wise" would be the best reputation to have when it comes to the Dating Game. And the interesting thing is, I don't intend to be the dominant party in the relationship. But people just ASSUME I would be.

But one thing for sure, if I can contribute to my friends as a "Mama" and I can help them solve their problems or make them happier, I guess I'm willing to bear this cross. Let's just say that I still have a higher calling. I don't think I could pull off acting "blur" anyways. People see through it in no time... kekeke.

If only the strong, dominant male don't tend to fall for the "blur"est ones... which they do. Sigh... heehee...

1 comment:

sapphire8 said...

"Samantha"!

I like your post :) very thought provoking....haha.

Continue to blog more! I will be your loyal & Faithful reader hur hur!

Love, YY