Yup, to everything in life, there's always a first. Recently I had a few first times.
For the first time in my 3.5 years in my sales career, a prospect went missing on me. Not picking up calls, not replying messages. And it was puzzling because the last contact before he went MIA was from him, and it was a very friendly message specifying that he would meet me the next day.
I can't help thinking what could've happened. I do hope he's alright, wouldn't want something bad to happen to him. If he's alright and he's avoiding me, then I can't help questioning, why? We were completely fine, and even if he decides not to engage my services, he could just simply tell me no. Why go missing and uncontactable then? It's like watching a movie without knowing the ending, hate it. I would much prefer to see the ending even if it's not a happy one =(
For the first time as well, after singing and Emceeing for numerous (lost count) weddings, I felt unappreciated. The last one that I did, I probably put in the most effort compared to the previous ones. But the reward that I got was not even enough to cover my cab fares for all those times I went home after midnight after having discussion for the preparation at my co-MC's house. And we got rave reviews! Everyone was impressed! And I got a miserable amount that made me flinch whenever I think of it. It didn't help that the couple were very close friends, and knowing that they paid no less than One Grand for the musicians that no one even noticed much. I guess it was a case of either Blur-ness or Stingy-ness. Either way it hurt, to know I was only valued that much after putting my heart and soul for the performance.
Last weekend I joined this Ballroom Dancing event for the first time where the instructors were teaching the very basic steps of Chacha. It was very interesting, except for the fact that they taught very little. I had fun nonetheless. And for the first time I saw a friend in a different light. We have been friends for almost ten years now. Apparently he has changed a lil' bit, for the better I have to say. =D I think the two of us were among the best dancers in the whole lot of 200+ people =P And no... I'm not biased... kekeke
I'm now looking forward to the first time I meet my destined Prince Charming.... hahaha
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment